Solidarity against violet digital campaign Essay competition
PA! (Solidarity Against Violent Extremism) Digital Campaign would like to invite interested participants to compete in an essay writing competition with awards for top three essays.
Essay question: Choose one of the following questions and write a 250-500 word essay
- Discuss ways of countering violent extremism on the internet
- Outline the responsibilities of an individual in countering violent extremism in any given society.
Deadline: April 26, 2016
Prize: 1st 6,000 birr, 2nd 4,000 birr and 3rd 2,000 birr
Winners will be announced on April 30 2016
Your essay will be judged on these points:
• Use of support: You will be graded on intelligent use of sources to support your arguments and ideas.
• Originality and Creativity: Originality will be rewarded, particularly when an essay demonstrates creative and analytical thinking.
• Grammar and Style: Your essay will be graded on grammar, spelling and use of Standard English or Amharic. Therefore, proofread your essay before you submit.
• Remember that your essay should be in proper format.
• The competition is mainly for AAU and MU students. Other participants are also encouraged to take part in the competition.
• The essay must be no less than 250 and no more than 500 words. It does not include references.
• Any form of plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Sources must be clearly stated.
• Write your name, ID number, email address, phone number and department on top of the page.
• An essay can have more than one author, and any prizes awarded will be split evenly between the authors.
• Essays submitted after April 26, 2016 will not be considered.
Essay submission is via PA’s Facebook page.
For more info visit https://www.facebook.com/PASolidarityAgainstViolentExtremsim/