Wits Journalism China – Africa reporting project grant
This grant is organized In order to unpack the rapidly growing engagement of china with Africa. The organizers are looking for proposals for original, topical stories about china’s presence and influence in Africa.
- Covers travel cost, accommodation and daily expenses
- Grants are between $300-$2000
- Open to African journalists
- Proposals should be clearly structured, briefly stating what the story idea is, how and where the story will be researched and what aims to reveal .
- Preference will be given to a idea with a relatively narrow focus
- Journalists must email their brief proposal to Africafirstname.lastname@example.org
- Only formats of MS word or PDF are acceptable
- Proposals should include
- Outline of the story idea
- Budget outline of expected costs
- Resume and sample of published work
- Indication of where the article should be published
- Assessment of risk of the project (if applicable)
Deadline- Not specified