Call for Liaison Officer: Tana High-Level Forum on Security in Africa
With a view to following up and contributing to the implementation of the AU Tripoli Declaration of August 2009, the Institute for Peace and Security Studies (IPSS) at Addis Ababa University has taken the initiative to convene an annual Tana High-Level Forum on Security in Africa, or Tana Forum.
The Forum is an informal gathering of African decision makers – and peace and security stakeholder groups and their large constituencies – for an open discussion of security issues and challenges on the continent. The maiden high-level forum took place in 14-15 April, 2012.
Under this broad mission, the initiative is a response to the Tripoli Declaration that appeals for “African-centred solutions”, and makes peace and security a collective “intellectual challenge”. In this respect, the Forum’s specific objectives are to complement the valuable work being accomplished by official AU and RECs decision-making bodies and their formal mechanisms.
The Liaison Officer will provide logistical assistance to the participants of the Tana Forum in BahirDar, Ethiopia.
- Meet and greet the delegate at Bahir Dar Airport.
- Present the delegate with your business card.
- Ensure transportation is ready for the delegate.
- Ensure you have a brief biography and photograph of the delegate.
- Inform the delegate where he/she will be accommodated.
- Inform the delegate where to pick up their badge.
- Ensure you have a list of contacts for the Accommodation, Ticketing, Transportation, Registration (Badge), and Medical teams.
- Assist the delegate/VIP with any other arrangements they may require for the duration of the Tana Forum.
- BA in social sciences, preferably in peace and security studies, political science, global studies, developmental studies or any other related field of study.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to assist others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of additional international languages is an advantage.
- Additional skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to work on a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to manage various priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The duration of the engagement will be for a total of five days from 20-24 April 2017.
- Application instructions
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, a CV not longer than 3 pages, and a recent
writing sample to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 28 February 2017.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.